I started the morning finding myself engaged in an argument with Spencer and Josh over our front entrance light fixtures.
Light fixtures.
For whatever reason, the boys were sure that Lance and I had changed the chandelier and light switches during the night. I assured them that we had not and that they were the same ones that had always been in the house.
"No!" they argued. "They're different! That," Spencer said, pointing to the chandelier, "is different. It's lower. And lighter. And different."
No matter how many times I told them they were the same, no one would believe me. I ended the argument by kicking Spencer out the door for school and forcing a very reluctant Josh into his room to get dressed, effectively winning the argument by default. Sometimes being the boss has its perks.
*****
Later that morning Josh and I were upstairs in the living room. Cole came up from the basement in nothing but his socks.
I know lots of toddlers go through phases like this, but Cole is very particular about keeping his clothes on. There are days where he won't even take off his coat or shoes for hours after we get home. But there he was, in his birthday suit.
Josh laughed so hard I thought he was gonna pee his pants. Apparently being naked is hysterical with the preschool set.
I made him get dressed and told him to stay dressed. I suppose in protest he wore his shirt like this most of the rest of the day.
*****
Tess no longer believes in pureed food. Well, not always; but mostly. If we're eating it, she wants to eat it. And if she doesn't get her share? You'll hear about it. This morning it was scrambled eggs and toast. Yummers.
*****
The boys were eating lunch. I was in my bedroom putting something away when I heard Josh screech "Mom!! You HAVE to come see this!!!" I thought for sure that Cole was naked again. But I was wrong. Thank goodness.
No, the excitement was over the flock of birds that decided to hang out in our back yard. During a snow storm.
Cole kept yelling, "Ahngry birds! Ahngry birds!" (He pronounces it aww-ngry. Heaven knows why.) Josh also thought this was hysterical. Cole was on a roll keeping Josh entertained today.
Tess also liked looking at the ahngry birds. But she also likes grabbing the camera, so there you go.
*****
Actually, not much merriment with Spencer. He has a lot of homework lately, mainly because I think he's having a hard time getting back into the swing of things at school after winter break. It's too hard to actually work during class time when he could be talking with all of his friends, right? Ugh. I think I dreaded back to school more than he did, all because of homework. At least it's getting shorter each night - apparently it takes him a good 3-4 days to figure out that the less work he does at school the less he gets to play at home.
*****
For whatever reason, my children have a penchant for leaving stuff on top of heating vents. All day I walk through the house and pick toys/books/clothes/etc. off of heating vents so that the room will warm up again. There won't be a single other thing on the floor in a room, but two or three things will be on the vent. No one has an answer for me. It's one of those mysteries of the universe, I guess.
1 comment:
Ha Ha- I loved hearing about your kiddos. Wearing that shirt half off was just adorable. I guess that was his revenge! Sounds like you all had a fairly pleasant day. At the very least, it sounded entertaining LOL!
Post a Comment