Tess is playing on my bed. She is giving her baby doll kisses.
"Mah! Mah!" she says with each kiss.
She gets a little aggressive in her kisses and bonks herself on the nose pretty hard with the baby's plastic head.
"No! No bebe!!" she yells, as she throws the baby away, and sprawls on the bed, sobbing.
"BEBEEE!! Woof woof."
Tess likes to woof when she doesn't know how to express her emotions. It is most awesomely cute.
I watch and try not to laugh at her anguish.
******************
Tess is crying because I won't carry her all over the house.
Cole picks up her baby doll and hands it to her.
"Don't cry, Tessie, don't cry. Here's baby. Don't cry."
Tess cuddles the doll and looks up at Cole in wonder and adoration. This is probably the nicest he's ever been to her in her 16 months of life.
My heart melts.
******************
I am making dinner. Tess is in the living room playing. She's babbling away and sounds like she's speaking Japanese, intonations and all.
"Watashi wa watashi no akachan o aishiteimasu! Kanojo wa totemo
kawaīdesu. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM! Akachan kokode wa, kono botoru o nomu. Sore wa oishīdesushi,
anata ga shiawase ni naru!" I hear her say.
The "nom nom nom" part makes me stop and sneak a peak at her around the wall.
She is sitting with her baby doll on her lap, feeding her some milk from Tess's sippy cup. Tess says "nom nom nom" whenever the cup is on the baby's lips.
I melt into a puddle on the floor, gather myself together, and then try to sneak a picture of this moment.
Tess catches me looking and the game is over. She demands to be held. I gladly give in.
No comments:
Post a Comment