Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tomato Thief!

The other night Tess pooped in the tub during her after dinner bath. 

Fun times.

Not really.

But after I had finally cleaned and disinfected both her and the tub, I got her into her pajamas and let her roam free around the house for a bit.  I can't remember what I was doing, but all of a sudden Josh frantically ran into the house screeching, "TESS IS EATING A TOMATO!!!!!!"

You would've thought the house was on fire.  Fortunately, I'm rather used to Josh's tattling-as-if-the-world-is-ending behavior, so I wasn't too worried.  I was actually more puzzled than anything - how in the world did Tess make it all the way out to the garden so quickly?

Then I remembered - I had stored a bunch of tomatoes out on the back porch.  And that's exactly where I found her.



As you can see, my little thief - who I literally caught red handed - (ha!) - was quite pleased with herself.


The tomato was probably at least the size of my fist, and she gobbled it all up.  Because, as you can tell from her wee little belly and legs, we totally underfeed this child.

 

No comments: