Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tower of Basil

So what do you do when you REAAALLLY love fresh herbs but you REAAALLLY don't want to plant them in the garden because they take a bit of space.  (Space that could be used to grow delicious veggies that bunnies and squirrels love to eat.  Argh.)

This is what you do:


I found something like this on Pinterest, only they did it with flowers.  I figured herbs would work just as well, and I was right.  From top to bottom I have chives, parsley, oregano, dill, and basil.  The mint has it's own pot because the dang seeds I originally planted (where the dill is) never germinated, so I just bought a start instead.  Totally worth it because I love fresh mint.

We like to call it the tower of basil.  Even though you can't quite see it in the picture, it's a bit lopsided and leaning, so perhaps it should be the leaning tower of basil.

Whatever you call it, I like it.  I like it a lot.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Mint in its own pot is a good call. The stuff can get invasive. Mmmmm, herbs. So good!

Gigi said...

That is COOL!