Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Little Things - Like Cars

I feel like I've been really slacking in the blog department lately.  Part of it is my hormonal-writer's block.  But another part is that in the evening - my usual blogging time - I'm just so exhausted and/or busy, so I don't even think about blogging.

Anyways, I'm trying to get back in the blogging habit.  And one way of doing that is to start recording the little things again.  Funny things the kids have said and done, things I've noticed in life, weird stuff strangers say to me at the store... that sort of thing.

**True story: yesterday at WalMart a lady assumed that I only had two kids because just Tess and Cole were with me.  I told her I actually had four, which is why I had so much milk in my cart, haha.  She seemed to take offense with this and tried to convince me that her two kids drank more milk than my four.  Okay, lady, whatever.  Didn't realize it was a competition.  (And if it were, my kids would beat yours under the table.  Take that!!)**

Anywho, today I was looking for something to occupy Tess and Cole, who have seemingly lost all ability to entertain themselves now that Spencer and Josh are back in school.  I just needed an hour to work on a paper I'm editing.  Inspiration struck while I was looking for something out in the garage.


Yes, we have a basement filled to the brim with all sorts of awesome toys, but what keeps my kiddos occupied for a good 45 minutes?  Leftover, dusty boards.

Tess eventually got her own little board, but she started with books.  (These were obviously NOT the same and NOT good enough, which is why she got a board later.)



I even let them color on the boards, but the car racing was the main thing.  Everyone had to count backwards from 10, including me, which made editing a difficult proposition every 39 seconds or so.


Spencer and Josh are going to a birthday party this weekend and I'm having a hard time trying to find a good gift.  Think a 9 year old would like an old board?  (Haha.  No.)

No comments: