So last week I came across a deal I couldn't pass up: a GIANT bean bag chair (LoveSac-like, only not) for only $50. We've been saying for years that what our basement really needed was a giant bean bag chair. Wait, no we haven't. But we should have, because that's what it needs.
Lance and I both figured we'd be able to stuff it into the attic and hide it there until Christmas. I picked it up and barely got it to fit into the back of our minivan and that was with the farthest back seats down.
I'm hoping Tess and Cole have forgotten all about this little adventure and will be surprised by it on Christmas morning. No matter - it's not coming from Santa anyways. This present is far too cool for Santa to get all the glory!
So that evening Lance and I tugged it into our bedroom so I could mend a little hole that was on the cover. (One of the reasons why it was so cheap.) Turned out the mending really needed to be done with a sewing machine, but I wasn't about to drag that bad boy downstairs. I did kind of a hack job on the mending with the idea that I'd do a better job after Christmas.
So then we lugged it out to the garage. Even this was no easy task - it was hard just to get through the doorways! By this point I was getting a bit nervous about being able to get it up in the attic.
I was right to be nervous. It was waaaay too big to get up there.
Dang it.
What were we going to do with this thing? We couldn't put it back in the van. And we couldn't really hide it anywhere in the house.
Or could we?
In a fit of desperation we decided to "hide" it in the garage until we could come up with a better spot.
And by hide I mean stuff it in a corner and cover it with blankets.
Nothing to see here, people... move along... I don't know why, but that giant blob in the corner cracked me up.
We were lucky that it was so dang cold that day, so the kids had no desire to go wandering around the garage.
That morning I found a great friend who said she was willing to hide it in her shed for us. But then Lance had an even better idea: hide it plain sight in the storage room. We took out our big ol' Christmas Tree box and stuffed the bean bag into that spot. About half of it fit there. We covered the rest with blankets and random boxes. Can you see it?
What kills me is that we never have the storage room this messy! I mean, it's by no means the neatest room in the house, but we generally have all the boxes and totes up on the shelves. (Do you see it peeking from the back under those blankets?)
But none of the kids has given a second glance to this. Usually I'm pretty annoyed by how unobservant our children are, but for now I'm thankful for it!




No comments:
Post a Comment