Thursday, June 25, 2015

Father's Day

Father's Day was pretty low key this year. Lance's gift was in combination with his birthday present, so there wasn't anything to open. And the kids aren't in school, so there were no school crafts from them. I did make homemade lasagna and bread and it was delicious, so he wasn't completely ignored.

This is why I had the kids write him a card during church that day. See, the week before I found some random note cards in my church bag and discovered that Josh, Cole, and Tess were thrilled with writing nice notes to their friends. It kept them busy and quiet and they were doing something nice. Win! So I scrounged around my office and found some old Christmas cards I figured they'd like to use. (I was right - they didn't care.)

Once again, Cole stole the show with his card. (See Lance's birthday card.) Josh's card was cute, especially because it said "To Daddy, From ????" Mysterious! Tess's was a bunch of scribbles. (She's 4 and doesn't love to draw.)

But Cole's? Cole's card made both of us laugh out loud.

"DEAR DADDY I KNOW WHEN IT'S FATHER'S DAY." Is that a threat? And where's the signature? Is it an anonymous threat? The "Happy Holidays" just makes it all the funnier.

Oh man. This boy.

I kinda hope the next note he writes is for me.

No comments: