Saturday, May 21, 2016

Every. Time.

Me: It's time to go to Josh's game. Everyone needs to go potty.

Tess: But I don't need to!

Cole: Me either!

Me: Just try.

Cole and Tess: Okay.

Me: Cole and Tess, you should change into short sleeved shirts. You're gonna be hot in long sleeves.

Tess: No. I LOVE my shirt! I will be cold!

Me: No you won't, it's warm today.

Cole: No! I don't want to! I like long sleeves.

Me: Whatever. Just go potty, okay?

(They don't and we're running late so I don't force the issue.

Meanwhile, 45 minutes later and at a ballpark 20 miles from home, we trek through all the fields, drop Josh off with his team, and trek again down to some playground equipment. Cole and Tess play for exactly 2 minutes.)

Tess: Mommy! I have to go potty NOW.

Me: What the?! I told you to go at home and we passed by the potties 10 minutes ago. Why didn't you go then?

Tess (doing a serious potty dance): I gotta go NOW.

Me: *angry mom face* Fine. Cole, you STAY HERE.

(Tess and I trek all the way back to the gross public bathrooms. Then trek back to the playground.)

Me: Okay. Play.

Tess: I can't. My shirt is too hot!

Cole: Mine too! It's hot!

Me: *angry mom face* Too. Bad.

(Sensing danger, Cole and Tess run off to play, thus surviving another day.)

No comments: