Sunday, May 14, 2017

2017 Family Pictures

I FINALLY got new family pictures taken of us last month. Sheesh. It's hard, though, because I am now spoiled and want good pictures taken by good photographers, not the ones taken at Penney's or Target or something. And I really like the portraits outside, which is hard because the weather in Indiana is only conducive to that a few months of the year. (Too hot, too cold, too windy, too wet...)

We had these pictures taken up at Purdue again. (We learned the week before that the botanical gardens were closed for renovation, dang it! Plus, the weather was very iffy. So going somewhere that we could take pictures both inside and out seemed wise.)

That day was the Purdue Grand Prix, which is kinda like a little Indy 500 race. It's done early in the morning and lots of the students wear costumes and drink. A lot. So walking through parts of campus with my little brood, all dressed up for pictures, felt a little like walking through Sodom and Gomorrah. It was an eye opening experience for the kids! ("And THIS is why you want to go to BYU!")

Everyone behaved for the family pictures, for the most part.


Since getting a mouth full of orthodontia, Cole refuses to smile with his mouth open. He ends up looking goofy a lot.


Spencer looks a little... stiff.


 

These kiddos... how I love them! And they are perfectly sweet and angelic like this all the time. (HAH.)


This would've been a good one, except for me derping. Dang it!!


It was a bit windy and sunshiny outside.




The boys got their hair cut earlier that week, and Josh wanted his extra short. I miss his curls! He doesn't believe me when I tell him that the ladies like boys with curls.


He's still pretty darn handsome, though!


My little blue-eyed Coler Bear.


Sometimes I forget and call him Coler Bear at school. This year it's been okay. Suspect as he gets older it will not.


Doesn't Spencer look so big? And just like my brother Kevin?!



And then there's Tess. She got a bee in her bonnet and refused to smile for her individual pictures.


We tried everything, but that TenaciousT came out in her. I told her that if she didn't smile there'd be a picture of her scowling above the piano this year. I don't think she believed me. Guess she'll find out I meant business when the new pictures get put up next week!



What a stinker!




Pout pout pout. Scowl scowl scowl.


This boy had exactly one pair of pants with no holes in them at the time of this photo shoot. By the end of the photo shoot he had exactly no pairs of pants without holes in them.


Doesn't Tess look like she's giving the death glare?




I actually really like these pictures of Tess with Lance.


He's such a good dad!




It's fun being the center of attention. Especially when you're the center of attention because you're being naughty.


Fortunately, Lance and I know how to behave during pictures!



Tess sure loves me right now. I'm pretty sure she's more excited about Mother's Day than I am! This is a phase I enjoy.


Those 3 handsome boys of mine. They all looked so similar as babies, but they're so different now!


One last pout. You'd better believe these will resurface as she gets older as payback!

No comments: