Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tippecanoe County Fair

Yesterday we had Family Home Evening at the Tippecanoe County 4-H fair. It was actually pretty fun! (Especially because there was no admission fee!)

We started with all of the animals - cows, pigs, poultry, rabbits, horses, and ponies. Fun! Stinky! Loud! (Reminded me of some mornings at home!) Josh, of course, was scared of the pigs. Probably because they were really noisy and right at the level of his stroller. Spencer was scared of the poultry because I warned him not to stick his fingers in the cage because they could bite him. Then I forced everyone to look at the Home Ec exhibits - hey, I deal with enough testosterone everyday. I deserved a bit a girly stuff! (I thought of you, Christy, when I saw the knitting entries!)

There were two highlights of the evening. The first was riding the ferris wheel. From the minute we got to the fair, Spencer whined about going on a ride. We figured the ferris wheel was a good starter ride for him. Plus, all four of us could go in one basket and enjoy it together. I think Spencer really liked it, although I have the sneaking suspicion he would have liked something a little faster. (Our little daredevil!)


The second highlight was the funnel cake we shared. It was fresh out of the oil, topped with Bavarian cream and cherries. YUM. In fact, it was so yummy that we ate it all before I could get a picture. (So here's a generic picture.) Totally worth the outrageous $5 price.

Even with the occasional weird carnie, a very fun evening!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

Well, my kids saw the video and made me play it like 5 times last night. Too funny. They love picking videos on You Tube also. (Of course we only show kid appropriate ones like sesame street and stuff like that.)