One afternoon we went to the NC Fort Fisher Aquarium. Not the biggest aquarium ever, but still fun to see. They had pretty good exhibits on local marine life, although the outside ponds were swarming with mosquitoes. Ouch!
Spencer especially liked the crocodiles, the elevator, running away, taking our picture, and peeking out of the giant crab.
We discovered something interesting about Josh at the aquarium - he is terrified of fish. No joke. I was holding him and took him closer to the tank so he could see the fish better. You wouldn't believe the screaming and wailing and grabbing! He went crazy with fear!Apparently, when we see fish like this
he sees fish like this!

Not only was he afraid of the fish in the tanks, but he was also scared of the fake fish on display everywhere. The aquarium was a regular house of horrors! Being the good parents that we are, we got a little of it on video. (I wish I had held him closer to the tank for a bit longer so you could get the full effect. But I was feeling a bit guilty at the time!)
I eventually became adept at moving is head so that he wouldn't see too many fish as we walked through. Good thing he doesn't know that we swam in the ocean with fish! Weird child.
he sees fish like this!
Not only was he afraid of the fish in the tanks, but he was also scared of the fake fish on display everywhere. The aquarium was a regular house of horrors! Being the good parents that we are, we got a little of it on video. (I wish I had held him closer to the tank for a bit longer so you could get the full effect. But I was feeling a bit guilty at the time!)
I eventually became adept at moving is head so that he wouldn't see too many fish as we walked through. Good thing he doesn't know that we swam in the ocean with fish! Weird child.
On another day we went to the fishing pier. We walked to the end and back and watched people fish. Spencer was sure we needed to fish, too, and was disappointed that we didn't. But he enjoyed seeing the fish other people caught. I
enjoyed watching the pelicans beg and wait for people to share their fish.Afterward we went out for ice cream. I let Spencer have a chocolate ice cream cone.
Big mistake. BIG mistake. It'll be vanilla for him for at least the next five years!We also went on walks around the little town. Kennedy always made sure to hold hands with Spencer. It was really cute!


1 comment:
Josh being scared of fish is sooo funny - it sure made me laugh. Hopefully it'll all pass.
Post a Comment