Today has been a really blustery day. Spencer has been watching the clouds like a hawk - he's quite concerned with how fast they are moving! (They're really low, which makes them look bigger, faster, and perhaps more menacing to an almost four year old.)
But this little bout of nephophobia didn't stop him from coming outside to fly our homemade kites. (Our afternoon play date fell prey to one of the many bugs going around, so I had to think of something on the fly (haha!) to entertain him.) I know, what kind of household with children are we that we don't have a real kite around? Oh well, it was actually more fun to cut out the kites, decorate them with stickers, and "fly" them ourselves.
In other news...I found my 2007 pumpkin today at Hobby Lobby:
It's totally different from all of my other pumpkins, which is probably why I like it so much! I looked through a lot of pumpkins, but this one called out to me as soon as I saw it: "Maren! Buy me! Take me home with you and love me! I love you! I'm so cute and fluffy and I have rhinestones. Rhinestones, Maren! Oh, and I'm 50% off!" That pumpkin speaks my language.I also bought this one, because it's cute and because it was only $1.
Now that I look more closely at it, I think it looks more like an apple masquerading as a pumpkin. But Halloween is all about costumes and trying to be something you're not, right? Who am I to tell fake produce what they can or can't pretend to be?
No comments:
Post a Comment