I had my Hershey's Bliss party tonight. (Through Houseparty.com. It's an interesting concept, especially to an old advertising veteran like myself. Check it out.) Basically, Hershey's sent me nine bags of their new Bliss line of chocolates. All I had to do was have a party and share the chocolate with my friends. Done and done. And yummy.
I of course forgot to take pictures during the party. We were too busy gabbing and eating all the yummy chocolate. But I did get a few good shots of the goodies before the guests arrived.
Fruit tray to go along with the chocolate dip (made from the Bliss chocolate, of course!)
The chocolate dip and another tray of goodies for dipping. (Mmmmm...)
Cowboy Caviar and Lime Tostitos (You know, something salty to cleanse the palate from all that chocolate!) There are Buckeyes in the background. Why Buckeyes? Because they are yummy and I lurve them.
Some of the decorations. I also had a vase of flowers on the table, but didn't get a picture. Oh well, you know what flowers look like.
Not a bad spread, right? (It was yummy, if I do say so myself. And I do.)
Well, despite our best efforts, I still have A LOT of chocolate left over. So, it's time for my second Guess The Number Contest! Woo-hoo! (You know you love it.)
But I thought I'd do things just a bit differently this time. Instead of guessing the number of chocolates in some jar, this time I want you to guess how many chocolates make one pound.
Well, despite our best efforts, I still have A LOT of chocolate left over. So, it's time for my second Guess The Number Contest! Woo-hoo! (You know you love it.)
But I thought I'd do things just a bit differently this time. Instead of guessing the number of chocolates in some jar, this time I want you to guess how many chocolates make one pound.
Yes, I am a geek. I got out my kitchen scale, plopped the pail on (and zeroed it out, of course, so it doesn't count as part of the weight) and added enough chocolates to make one pound.
Post a comment and let me know how many chocolates you think there are in a pound. The person with the closest number (over or under) will get all the chocolatey goodness. Mmmm...
You have until midnight Wednesday. Happy guessing!
p.s. No, Lance, you cannot enter this contest. The idea is to get the chocolates out of the house.
Post a comment and let me know how many chocolates you think there are in a pound. The person with the closest number (over or under) will get all the chocolatey goodness. Mmmm...
You have until midnight Wednesday. Happy guessing!
p.s. No, Lance, you cannot enter this contest. The idea is to get the chocolates out of the house.
13 comments:
Maren, I miss your parties...because I always know there will be some tasty vittles!Yum! I am heading up to Nebraska tomorrow to hang with Christy for some escape the home and kids time, and she is having her Hershey party while I am there! I can't wait!
I'm not entering because I have a feeling that I'll have a pound (or more) of chocolate leftover from my bliss party today. I just wanted to say that it looks like one heck of a party! That fruit tray looks yummy! I wasn't so ambitious.
Hmm.... my guess is 203.
202
Yum! I wanna have a chocolate party. My guess is 68.
I am going to guess....59
I know I already had some chocolate, but my hubby insisted that HE guess. His guess is 63.
Maren:
Susie and I guess 193. Just pulled that out of thin air. If we win I'll collect the loot in June.
Dad
I had to use Don's login, but I just had to make a guess! I'm guessing 61 (just to split the difference between Misty's and Tiffany's).
~Heidi
I'll guess 70. It looks like everyone had great parties. I was one of the finalists, but then I decided last minute not to do it. Maybe I'm regretting it a bit.
I'm guessing 83 chocolates.
I say 65. So pick me! Pick me!
I almost missed this because I've been so busy I haven't had the time read anyone's blog in like 2 weeks.
Missing chocolate again - not fair, so I guess 79.
Post a Comment