Suppose you:
- Have previously lived in Utah for several years
- Visit Utah at least twice a year
- Visit with two little kids, which greatly limits your activity choices
- Visit when it's nice outside but still too cold to go play in the canyons
Then you would understand why our activity choices are sometimes a bit limited. I've either been there/done that a million times, the season is wrong for it, or it's not exactly a kid-friendly activity. But sometimes you just have to get out of the house.
What I'm trying to explain, in a very round-about way, is why we went to Cabela's. I'd never been, it sounded impressive, and we needed an outing.
It actually turned out to be pretty cool. It really is like a life science museum with a very large store wrapped around it. Lots of stuffed animals, an impressive aquarium full of trout, and acres of merchandise. Capitalism at its finest, my friends.
And because I'm a mom and a blogger, of course I took plenty of pictures.
What I'm trying to explain, in a very round-about way, is why we went to Cabela's. I'd never been, it sounded impressive, and we needed an outing.
It actually turned out to be pretty cool. It really is like a life science museum with a very large store wrapped around it. Lots of stuffed animals, an impressive aquarium full of trout, and acres of merchandise. Capitalism at its finest, my friends.
And because I'm a mom and a blogger, of course I took plenty of pictures.
Spencer and Grandma Susie enjoy the fish. (As we saw the other day, Josh did not.)
Feeding the fish in the pond. In the middle of the store. Right next to the large mountain. Covered in moose, bear cougars, antelope, and prairie dogs. In the middle of the store.
(Doesn't Spencer's hand look weird?)
(Doesn't Spencer's hand look weird?)
Grandpa ElRay serves as the fish food buyer and holder. Because that's what grandpas do.
Josh began to love the fish - as all the store could tell with his Joshie shouts of "Hfish! Hfish!"
The fish in Cabela's are nothing if not well fed.
Josh decides that the only way to get over his fear of fish is to hug one. A very large, stuffed one. "Mine!"
Spencer cuddles up with a very large, very expensive moose. (Why would you want a huge stuffed animal moose in your home? I'm not judging, just asking.)
"But mommy, I need this $180 rocking bear. Need!"
No comments:
Post a Comment