Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eight Years and Counting, Baby

Eight years ago today I was eating cold cereal with my little cousins at the breakfast counter in my Aunt Janee's and Uncle Bryce's house. I had spent the night in their unfinished basement. (Why there? It was just about the only place in all of Utah Valley that I could be by myself. Just what I needed for the night before my wedding.)

Eight years ago today I was getting dressed and primped in the bride's room at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple, practicing extreme patience with my mom, who insisted that every bow and such on my dress had to be perfect. (Because that's what moms do on wedding days. And that's okay.)

Eight years ago today I was sealed for time and all eternity (and not just until death do us part) to the ever hunky Lance, whose Grandpa Red was waiting out in the parking lot with the car running, just in case he had second thoughts and cold feet. (Ha ha, Grandpa Red.)

Eight years ago today I got sunburned while taking my wedding photos outside. But I didn't really care because I was soooo in luuuuvve. (Although I did care later when I realized I looked like a tomato in a wedding dress in my reception photos. Sigh.)

Eight years ago today I looked like I was barely 16. And Lance... perhaps 15? Who let such youngin's get married?!?


Eight years ago today I made the best decision of my life.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Which also means....8 years ago today I was driving frantically around lost in Cedar Hills with purple flowers in my hair and a package of Hob Nobs wrapped (probably not very nicely) in the front seat of my car. Happy Anniversary Maren and Lance! I actually was going to email you today because really, how could I forget the date that you changed especially for me (well, maybe not especially for me, but I like to think that) : )

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Happy Anniversery!!! You guys look great! And if you think Lance looks young - wait 'till I post ones of Josh - He looks TWELVE - seriously - not even joking, anyway, congratulations on making it to the big 8!

Gigi said...

What a great looking couple! I'm glad to see that Lance was wearing a black tux -- so classic! And your dress was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

Ginger said...

Awwww, so cute. I love wedding pictures.

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary! My cousin actually put together the chandelier that is in the Mt. Timp temple brides room. I got a special sneak peek of it while they were building the temple when I was about to go into the MTC (way more than 8 years ago---back when they let 12 yr. olds go on missions!).