Okay, more bad mothering on my part today.
But in my defense, it was pretty funny bad mothering.
So we were at Sam's Club this morning, trying to get only the six items that were on my list and failing miserably at it. (As my $150 total can attest to.)
We soon discovered that the Halloween decorations were already up because it's already August 28th. (Yikes! They almost missed the two-month-early mark!) And so of course we had to go take a look because there were lots of lights and sounds and an incredibly huge blow-up lawn arch thingy.
And this guy.
The Face Ripper 70" Animatronic Halloween Character. Only I didn't know at the time that's what he was. All I knew was that he was beckoning us with "Hey! You! Come over here. I've got somthin' to show you. Yeah, you. Look here."
What else could we do but go up right up to him?
Josh was sitting in the cart, almost at eye level with Mr. Face Ripper.
"Look mommy! Look! Talking! Big eyes!" He was quite excited.
And then Mr. Face Ripper started his act. "Hey you. Can you do this?" And he placed his hands up to his face.
Josh followed suit and put his hands on his face.
Mr. Face Ripper continued. "Can you do this?" And places his hands on his face. Again.
Josh does the same. Again.
Once more for Mr. Face Ripper. "Well, that's not so great. But can you do THIS?!"
At this point, surprisingly, Mr. Face Ripper rips off his face.
Joshie freaks out.
I mean really freaks out. Shrieking, crying, grabbing me by the shirt and trying to climb up my torso while simultaneously trying to get out of the cart. (A lot like his reaction in the videos here or here.)
And what did Spencer and I do? Laugh. A lot. Hard and long. So much so that I could barely move the cart away from Mr. Face Ripper. The tears in my eyes were blurring my vision, but I could still see the other people around us, staring as if I were nutso.
Or the worst mother in the world.
Oh well, it ends happily. Josh calmed down and then for the rest of the trip kept begging to go back to the "Hayyoween show".
Who's the nutso one, hmm?
But in my defense, it was pretty funny bad mothering.
So we were at Sam's Club this morning, trying to get only the six items that were on my list and failing miserably at it. (As my $150 total can attest to.)
We soon discovered that the Halloween decorations were already up because it's already August 28th. (Yikes! They almost missed the two-month-early mark!) And so of course we had to go take a look because there were lots of lights and sounds and an incredibly huge blow-up lawn arch thingy.
And this guy.
The Face Ripper 70" Animatronic Halloween Character. Only I didn't know at the time that's what he was. All I knew was that he was beckoning us with "Hey! You! Come over here. I've got somthin' to show you. Yeah, you. Look here."What else could we do but go up right up to him?
Josh was sitting in the cart, almost at eye level with Mr. Face Ripper.
"Look mommy! Look! Talking! Big eyes!" He was quite excited.
And then Mr. Face Ripper started his act. "Hey you. Can you do this?" And he placed his hands up to his face.
Josh followed suit and put his hands on his face.Mr. Face Ripper continued. "Can you do this?" And places his hands on his face. Again.
Josh does the same. Again.
Once more for Mr. Face Ripper. "Well, that's not so great. But can you do THIS?!"
At this point, surprisingly, Mr. Face Ripper rips off his face.
Joshie freaks out.I mean really freaks out. Shrieking, crying, grabbing me by the shirt and trying to climb up my torso while simultaneously trying to get out of the cart. (A lot like his reaction in the videos here or here.)
And what did Spencer and I do? Laugh. A lot. Hard and long. So much so that I could barely move the cart away from Mr. Face Ripper. The tears in my eyes were blurring my vision, but I could still see the other people around us, staring as if I were nutso.
Or the worst mother in the world.
Oh well, it ends happily. Josh calmed down and then for the rest of the trip kept begging to go back to the "Hayyoween show".
Who's the nutso one, hmm?
2 comments:
Josh has a birthday coming soon doesn't he. Sams club huh!
Baaaad idea, dad!
Post a Comment