Saturday, August 9, 2008

Roper Family Reunion - Campfire

The last night of the Roper family reunion we enjoyed an evening around the campfire, complete with s'mores, camp songs, and glow sticks.


Yeah, that's right. Glow sticks. You'd have thought my dad was passing out 1# bars of chocolate with $100 bills inside, the kids were all so excited. (Note to self: include glow sticks in all future nighttime activities. Glow sticks = HUGE SUCCESS!)


Josh liked the glow sticks, but he liked the marshmallows even better. I lost count after 15. (Hey, it was vacation. I let him live it up a little.) ((Okay, I didn't want to fight with him over it.))

We sang a few songs, but mostly sat around and talked. Here's a video of us singing, but it's funniest at the end when my dad steals the camera from me. Goofy dad.

Spencer loved roasting his own marshmallows. At one point Lance and I realized he didn't have his shoes on. Not even five minutes later he started shrieking in pain - he had burnt his little toesies on the metal fire ring. Poor kiddo.

My dad and I rushed him to the Yurt to put some water on the burns. By the time we got there the blisters were already formed. I felt like the

Worst. Mother. Ever.

But Spencer survived. His toes didn't even fall off or anything. And just that day he got a pretty good sunburn on his face, so we could say that he was literally burned from head to toe.

1 comment:

Karlea said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Hey, I'm just impressed your kid can eat 15 marshmallow without throwing up!! Chubby Bunny anyone?