Today was a snow day - no preschool, no working out, nada. Lance had to take my car to work because his wimpy one wouldn't make it up the hill, which meant I was stuck at home all day with the kiddos.
I could have spent the day doing some much-needed cleaning: vacuuming, dusting, mopping.
But did I do that? Nope. I spent the day making some much-needed receiving blankets for Baby Boy Madsen #3. Because the 73 or so that I already have just might not be enough.

Hey, no matter the birth order number, every baby deserves at least a few new blankets and clothes. Who am I to deny him that?

The boys spent the day whining, playing with some neighbor kids, fighting over Wii, running around like lunatics, and then complaining loudly when I made them clean up all their messes. However, they did leave me alone long enough to let me sew in (relative) peace.
So... a very productive snow day all around.
I could have spent the day doing some much-needed cleaning: vacuuming, dusting, mopping.
But did I do that? Nope. I spent the day making some much-needed receiving blankets for Baby Boy Madsen #3. Because the 73 or so that I already have just might not be enough.

Hey, no matter the birth order number, every baby deserves at least a few new blankets and clothes. Who am I to deny him that?

The boys spent the day whining, playing with some neighbor kids, fighting over Wii, running around like lunatics, and then complaining loudly when I made them clean up all their messes. However, they did leave me alone long enough to let me sew in (relative) peace.
So... a very productive snow day all around.
3 comments:
I like the elephant one - very productive with 2 kiddos beatin each other up!
Nice blankets Maren! You are always productive -- snow days or not!
I have smaller versions of these type blankets that make great burp cloths.... So if you have any extra fabric you can add to spice up a cloth diaper to match the Blankie... Or do separatley for a cloth that stands alone.
Post a Comment