Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Weight Winner!


First, thanks to all who made guesses for my Baby Weight Giveaway. It was fun to see what everyone thought and your reasoning behind it.

Second, I will be the first to admit that I thought Cole would be a lot bigger than he was. Seriously, I thought he'd be between nine and a half and ten pounds. I scoffed at any guesses below nine pounds. (Shows what I know...)

Third, congratulations to Mindi (my old roomie, buddy, and friend), whose guess of 8 lbs 14 oz was exactly right. Good job, Mindi - I am very impressed! Mindi very recently had her fourth baby, so she knows a thing or two about babies. (Mindi - please email me to let me know which email address you would like your $8.14 Amazon.com gift card to go to.)

Fourth, is it wrong that as the nurse called out his weight for the first time I immediately tried to recall who had won the contest? :)

4 comments:

Marisa May said...

Darn it! That was my guess too, but apparently I didn't pay close enough attention to what people had already guessed.

Heather S. said...

Congratulations Maren! Babies are just so precious. I look forward to more posts which include him in them.

Shanna and Brad said...

One ounce away! Oh well. Better luck for me next time :)

Mindi said...

Maren! So funny, I got home from the Dr. where Ruby weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz. at almost 3 weeks. I saw the post that Cole was born 8.14 and thought "wow, my three weeker weighs as much as Maren's newborn". Then I remembered your contest and looked back to see my guess! Yippieee, I'm the winner. My email is mindimbennett@hotmail.com
Thank you, thank you! I wish I was there to bring you a yummy meal.