Monday, April 12, 2010

That's Josh

Want to know what kind of child Josh is?

This afternoon we made some bar cookies for Family Home Evening tonight.  Josh was my good helper, and by helper I mean he made the process twice as long and five times as dirty as necessary.  (But you already knew that about Josh, right?  (Or any other three year old for that matter.)

The bar cookies were finally done and I pulled them out of the oven.  Josh, hearing me in the kitchen, ran in to check things out.  I set the hot pan on a cooling rack on the counter.

Me: Josh, don't touch the bar cookies.  They are very hot!

Josh: Okay.

Josh climbs up on his chair to get a closer look.
Me: I mean it.  Do NOT touch them!  The pan is still VERY hot!

Josh: Okay.

Me: If you touched them it would hurt.  A LOT.

At which point Josh very deliberately stuck two fingers out and touch the pan - for several seconds - before squealing and pulling his hand away.

THAT is the very essence of Josh.  Testing everything I say, no matter how common sense it is.

Heaven help us all when he's a teenager and I have to warn him about the dangers of texting and driving, pre-marital sex, chainsaws, and baggy pants. 

1 comment:

ElRay M Roper said...

By baggy pants I'm sure you mean low riders and not grandpa's bib overalls