Dr. Destructo used to be quite a regular feature on this blog. (Remember this? And this? Or this?) But he's been on hiatus lately.
Until last week.
I keep two of my extra dining chairs in the office. (My dining room isn't really big enough to hold all eight.) Usually the boys leave them alone, but for some reason Josh recently decided that was the chair he wanted to sit on while playing computer. I had caught him a couple of times leaving back in his other (smaller) chair, and had warned him about that. So when I heard a loud crash and a cry from Josh, I had a pretty good idea what had happened.
I was right. The chair was on the floor, in pieces, with Josh writhing around on top. I'll be the first to admit that I was more concerned about the chair at first that about the child. But that's only because I knew he was okay. No blood! No broken bones! He was fine. Better off than the chair.
My poor chair. Just look at Dr. Destructo's work:
(These pictures were all taken after I had kind of pieced it back together.)
Good thing I have a handy husband. A little wood glue and a clamp later and voila:
You can hardly even tell that the chair was ever broken. Good job Lance.
Hopefully Dr. Destructo will go on a long vacation again. And soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment