Spencer lost another tooth on Tuesday. He was quite excited (Not enough to open his eyes for a picture, though.)
The Tooth Fairy forgot to come that night. What's wrong with her?!?! Fortunately, she mysteriously appeared Wednesday morning while Spencer was in the shower and left a whole dollar, mainly because she felt guilty and only had $.32 in spare change.
*****
I finally got a covered garbage can for the pantry. Huzzah!
This is big for me, mainly because when I am pregnant I suffer from SUPER smell. I can smell anything and everything. (Another reason why this was so fun. Oh, and although I didn't mention it in that post, I threw up collecting those samples. Three times. You owe me big time, Cole.)
Anywho, it was getting to the point that I just couldn't open my pantry anymore because of the garbage smell. Which only I could smell. (But does that really matter? I'm the one who's in there the most.) It doesn't open all the way because the shelf is a little low, but I don't care. Why don't we put the garbage can somewhere else, you ask? Because our kitchen is a little weird, and there really is no where else to put it. Trust me.
*****
Over the last week or two Cole has become a climber. And a curious explorer. And a BIG mess maker. You know - a toddler. Right now some of his favorite things include:
- Getting out the oils and vinegars from the Lazy Susan cabinet in the kitchen. Nice.
- Climbing onto the dishwasher. And trying to get the knives out. And trying to hurt himself with the knives. Pesky child.
He's now figured out how to open the dishwasher even with the latch on, so this is our current safety lock. (I haven't found anything at the store that I like.)
- He is also obsessed with getting out all of the big bowls that I keep in one of the bottom cabinets of the kitchen.
They are CONSTANTLY on the floor, mainly because I get nauseous when I bend. Today we also had a knight's helmet and breastplate as well as liquid smoke join the bowls on the floor.
Why do we not have locks on the cabinets? Good question. Ask Lance.
- We now host Seminary in our storage room in our basement. Although we keep the door to that room closed, Cole has discovered that the door doesn't latch all the way and is easily pushed open. Here's what I discovered him doing the other day. (Photos recreated for dramatic purposes.)
I've never had a climber. Heaven help me.
- Finally, Cole has discovered the boys' computers. He lurrves them. And he seems to have a very good idea of how to use the mouse.
Is anyone else disturbed by this? The boy is 15 months old. Lance couldn't be prouder.
1 comment:
That last picture cracks me up! Cole is loving it! I hope #4 is a girl, so you can spoil her rotten and help retain a little of the girls vs boys. But I'm sure even Lance could turn a girl into an up and coming LAN member :)
Post a Comment