And that's mainly because I'm moving so slowly.
Each pregnancy seems to bring it's own set of
- Spencer - really long-lasting morning-noon-and-night sickness. Truly, compared to my other pregnancies it was the worst. Which I guess is good since I didn't have any other kiddos around.
- Josh - I would get these really bad stabbing pains in my abdomen if I was on my feet for too long. My doctor said they were from the scar tissue from my c-section stretching. I'm pretty sure they were really from Josh stabbing me. They were awful.
- Cole - I kind of got the stabbing pains but what really got me that time was my aching back and hips. Oy, they hurt. The heating pad became my best friend.
- Baby Girl Madsen - And now here we are. A few weeks ago I realized I was finally all done with my morning-noon-and-night sickness. (I wasn't throwing up anymore, but I still often felt nauseous for no reason.) So I had one pretty good week where I felt pretty good. And then the sciatica kicked it.
Spencer and Josh have both become really good at picking things up for me. Cole has sensed my weakness and uses it to his advantage whenever possible. (He runs away every time he knows I'm coming to pick him up or to stop him from doing something naughty.) ((Pesky toddler.))
Ice kinda helps. Heat kinda helps. But not really, and not for long. In fact, the only way to get rid of this symptom? Having this baby.
Four months isn't really that far away, right?
Oh man... now time is moving slow...
3 comments:
ask your doctor about physical therapy...it will do wonders...
Oh man, when I was prego with Landry (my 5th) I had restless leg syndrome. I know it doesn't compare to the pain you are experiencing, but it is very uncomfortable. It was a nightmare, I couldn't sit for any length of time without feeling like I need to chop my legs off. There was no relief, I tried everything, baths, supplements, walking. The only cure...birth. But that was about 4-5months away...I was counting down every minute. Goodluck girlie, hang in there.
Oh, I remember those days that were not so long ago! My OB sent me to a chiropractor and she was able to adjust me which took all the pain away. I had to go once a week, use ice packs (she said heat is bad for this problem), and do some stretches that she taught me...but it really helped a lot. My insurance covered the bills, aside from my co-pay, so maybe yours would too. I used Dr. Beth Spencer in West Lafayette. My OB and doula both use her and also send their patients to her. She's amazing! Good luck and hang in there!!!
Post a Comment