So apparently there's a big monster winter storm heading our way. Up to a foot of snow and and inch of ice over the course of tonight and tomorrow. Those two alone seem a bit much, but combined? That's a bit excessive, Mother Nature.
Anywho, I usually do my grocery shopping for the week on Tuesdays while Josh is in preschool, but I decided to go today so as not to deal with the storm. I debated this plan for a while since it meant I would have to deal with Joshie at the grocery store, but in the end my dread of running around in the storm outweighed dealing with Josh at the store. (But only slightly.) Plus, I thought it'd be a good idea to stock up on a few things before the storm.
We got to Wal-Mart around 10am and it was already packed. I guess everyone else had the same idea I did. That's where the similarities ended, though. See, when I think of stocking up for a storm I first think of diapers. Because you can get by for a few days without enough food or toilet paper or things like that. But diapers? No dice. I don't EVER want to be stuck at home during a blizzard with no diapers. So, diapers, milk, eggs, snacks, and mostly normal, every week type purchases were on my list.
On everyone elses? Ice melt and beer. Seriously, I would bet a good 75% of all the carts I saw were full of ice melt and beer. Gotta make sure your bloodstream is just as ice-free as your sidewalks.
I realize that Super Bowl weekend is coming up as well. Heaven forbid you get stuck over Super Bowl weekend with no booze. It's all about priorities, people.
I found myself checking out every cart I passed. My absolute favorite? A big, burly man of a man (complete with full beard, flannel shirt, and big work boots) passed by with a cart full of two 50lb bags of ice melt, four cases of beer, two large cans of formula and a package of diapers.
Awesomeness. Now there's a man who's prepared for the storm!

No comments:
Post a Comment