(Side note: they are LDS themed, but even if you're not Mormon they also have some really great Bible and American Hero posters.)
I had a couple for the boys at the last house but never put them up after we moved. I finally got around to unpacking them a couple of weeks ago (I know. I know!) and decided that we needed a few more. I like the 11x17 size, which I put into cheap $4 poster frames. I think they look great.
Tonight for Family Home Evening I introduced the new posters to the boys. I was actually really impressed at how much of the stories they knew for each one. (Score for good parenting points!) We went through each one and then had a little quiz, where for each right answer the boys won a piece of candy. It was, not surprisingly, very well received.
(I knew they would do well on the quiz because for the opening prayer Josh said, "... and please bless that we will get lots of candy..." Awesome parenting again, right?)
Here's the poster we originally got for Spencer:
And here's the one we originally got for Josh:
I think it's pretty obvious why we got this for Joshua - it's an AWESOME picture of Joshua at the battle of Jericho! Plus, when I bought the poster this was often how we found Josh around the house: hollering at the top of his lungs in the wake of destruction he left behind him. (He was going through a phase...)
This time I got this poster for Spencer:
He loves the story of Samuel the Lamanite. To be honest, I think he's more enthralled with the idea of the stones and arrows that missed him while he was up on that wall. But hopefully he'll also get the broader message - of doing what the Lord requires, even when it's hard and scary.
This is the poster we just got for Joshie:
Joshie luurrrves animals right now. And he lurrrvees the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. Hopefully he will also grow up to love the Lord and do what he knows is right, even when it's hard. Or full of lion-consequences. :)
This is the poster I got for Cole:
The story of Joseph is one of my favorites of all time. And Josh and Spencer were both enthralled as we went through the basics of Joseph's adventure. (Cole was too busy being a toddler to listen, but that's okay.) They were also impressed with the thought of Joseph having 11 brothers who sold him as a slave; hopefully they won't get any ideas. I got this one for Cole not only because he's the youngest brother, but also because at his baby blessing Lance blessed him that he would be a peacemaker in his home. I think Joseph is a great example of that. (Now excuse me, but I need to go get started on the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat I'm making for him...)
Don't think I've forgotten baby girl Madsen. I haven't bought anything for her yet since I want to get to know her personality first, but here are a few of my favorite 'girl' posters:
I just love the colors in this one of Mary. And could you ask for a better example?
This one of Ruth is also pretty.
And this one of the Pioneers? Love it. (I've often said that I would have made a terrible pioneer. I would have. But that doesn't mean I don't admire all that they did!)







1 comment:
I love these too! We have the small card sets and the kids love to look at them during the Sacrament. Jase loves Samuel the Lamanite too.
Post a Comment