Friday, March 21, 2014

Spencer's Last Pinewood Derby

Wednesday night was Spencer's last Cub Scout Pinewood Derby.  Tess and I didn't go because Tess had been sick and we didn't want to share in that fun.  (A newly potty-trained toddler with intestinal issues in the night?  That's a nightmare I'd rather not revisit.  Ever.)

So it was a Madsen boys' night out, and Lance was in charge of taking pictures for me. (Because, you  know, I love the Pinewood Derby so very much and was quite traumatized about not being able to go.) ((That was sarcasm.)) (((I'm a terrible mother, but this blog has well established that already.)))

That's a motley assortment of Cub Scouts!


The cars - they all look pretty great this year!  Spencer's is the teal one with the red stripe and the silver rockets on top.  (They look like bolts, but trust me, they're rockets.)




As you can see, Spencer was super excited to have his picture taken.


Spencer placed 4th overall, which is pretty good.  And consistent - I'm pretty sure that's what he placed last year, too.  Lance and I think this is perfect, because it's good enough to not be embarrassed, but not so good that we have to go on to the next level of racing.  (Bad, bad mother, I know.)

Thus ends Spencer's derby career.  But never fear - this time next year will be Josh's first race!

No comments: