So here we are on the first day of "Spring" break. I use that term loosely, mainly because it is so dang cold right now. Okay, we've had colder, but still it's only 36 degrees right now and we're expected to get a good inch of snow tonight. "Spring" break indeed.
I've spent the morning running errands with four children. This included dragging everyone down to the library, finding a ton of books, including research books for Spencer's upcoming project on the Jim Crow laws (don't get me started on that... I'm sure it'll come in due time), only to realize that I had left my wallet at home.
#$%#^#$%#!!!!
So, back home we went and then back to the library and then out to lunch because I still had more errands and I just knew that if we went home and then back out again (again) there would be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. So it was worth it to me to take 'em all to the Subway at The WalMarts, which, for some reason, was quite exciting to the kidlets. Spencer scarfed down a footlong BLT in no time flat, which was pretty impressive, mainly because Spencer has never really been a big eater. Growth spurt time!
I spent the afternoon cleaning and keeping the peace. I threw some kids outside, but most came back after a while. So then Tess and I started a little Easter project, but she soon got so super grouchy that I insisted she take a nap. After 20 minutes of negotiations and cajoling and a little trickery on my part she consented. Then Cole helped me finish the project.
Not bad, right? Tess fell in love with the giant egg in the middle during a trip to Hobby Lobby last week. I bought it because a) it was something like $3 and b) I'm pretty sure everyone needs a giant egg hanging from their mantle.
I also spent a bit of time researching DisneyWorld trips. GOOD HEAVENS, Disney is expensive for a family of six! I have come to the logical conclusion that I will have to sell one of my children in order to afford any sort of decent trip. This will not only bring in some extra trip income but will also lower the overall price of the trip. Two birds - one stone. I have all the answers.
To round out the night we are taking the kids to Tepanyaki Grill, which they are also quite excited about. Josh has recently fallen in luuuuurrrrve with shrimp and has challenged me to a shrimp eating contest. For the last several days he's been telling me about his eating strategies and what he's going to eat for each time he goes through the buffet. The boy has a solid strategy; it'll be a shame to blow him out of the water. (Okay, actually, he has a solid chance. I mean, I do love shrimp, but I suspect my heart isn't in this quite as much as Josh's.)
No comments:
Post a Comment