Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cole's St. Patrick's Day Wish


When I saw this in the preschool bulletin board my first thought was "The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."  

And then I thought "Like father like son.  And older brothers."  

"Birds of a feather flock together."

"A chip off the old block."

"Cut from the same cloth."

"In similar waters, similar fish are found."

And while I stood there trying to think of other idioms I suddenly realized that Tess was lying, face down, in the middle of the hallway and everyone was just casually walking around or over her as if it were a common, everyday occurrence.

And then I thought "If I had a million dollars I would hire someone else to pick Cole up from preschool." 

And then I thought "Toddlers be crazy" and scooped that girl up and out of the way as she kicked and screamed and protested.

No comments: