Today is Tess's THIRD birthday. It's kinda hard to believe.
We've had a pretty busy morning and we're in for a busy afternoon and evening. So I thought I would just hurry now and record a few things about Tess at three years old, because this weekend is jam packed with activities and who knows when I'll have another chance to blog?
- Tess is just shy of 30 pounds
- I have no idea how tall she is - she won't let me measure. But her head is at just the right height that if she head butted you hard enough you'd fall to the ground in pain, if you know what I mean.
- Her favorite color is pink. Second favorite it purple.
- She loves having piggy tails.
- She has a baby doll named Maggie.
- She is about 60% potty trained: she still won't go to the bathroom anywhere but at home and she still won't poop in the potty. Yeargh.
- She loves her friends Millie, Ezra, and Madison. (The first two are in nursery with her at church; Madison is the 12 year old next door neighbor.)
- She will fall asleep in no time flat if she's sitting on Daddy's lap while he plays computer games in the dark.
- She LOVES going for walks. And by going for walks I mean me pushing her in the stroller around the neighborhood.
- She really wants to see Cinderella's castle.
- She's a girly girl by nature, but can hold her own with the boys. One of her favorite outfits is her giant pink tutu skirt paired with her oversized fleece football shirt. Which she wears while mothering Maggie and then wrestling with Cole to defend Maggie.
- Her favorite songs are "Popcorn Popping", "Once There Was A Snowman", and "I Am A Child of God"; we have to sing them every week for Family Home Evening.
- She is still a SUPER pouter. It's pretty impressive.
- She likes to "help" in the kitchen. I am really still trying to let her do this more often, but it's hard!
- She likes to "do" her make-up with Mommy in the morning.
- She loves having her nails done, although it's usually picked off within a few hours.
- Tess loves shoes. We currently fight about what shoes require socks and which ones don't. (It's confusing to her that her sneakers have to have shoes, but Skechers slip-ons don't.)
- She is going through an extremely independent phase; she wants to do everything herself! I've learned to ignore the frustrated wails of agony from her room as she tries to get dressed all by herself; heaven forbid I offer to help just a little!
- She's a pretty great eater; she always finds something to eat at dinner while her brothers sit around and starve because they are punks.
- Sam's Club is still her favorite place in the world. She always gets a hot dog and then shares it with Cole in exchange for tastes of his cinnamon sugar pretzel.
I think it's safe to say that we are all pretty much in love with this girl of ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment