Saturday, August 15, 2015

Roadtrip 2015 - Yellow House






Because Dad & Susie are apparently running a mini youth hostel in their basement (Kevin and two of Susie's nieces are currently living there), our usual lodgings were a bit cramped. When I first started planning this trip a year ago (Yes, a year ago. I love to plan.) I was kinda worried about where we would stay. Fortunately, my dad came up with the perfect plan - a guy in his ward rents him home through VRBO.com, and this home was just around the corner from Dad & Susie's house. So he rented the house for us. Isn't my dad the best? Seriously. So great.

This post is mostly pictures from the site because I wanted to remember what it looked like. It was a great old house, lots of room, bright and cheerful. The decor was a combination of DI finds, Target, IKEA, and Pinterest projects. I really liked it - it was great to have so much space and not worry about the kids being too loud or getting into things they shouldn't. The kids loved it, too. (Although every time we were there they asked "Can we go back to Grandpa and Grandma's house?" And the answer was almost always "Yes!")

Main living room
Another view. (Note the orange chair on the left. EVERY house has some sort of ugly, old chair. It's the law.)
The kitchen - we'd have breakfast here every once in a while. Dad & Susie bought us a case of 72 Eggo waffles - the kids were in heaven!
Notice the chandeliers in EVERY ROOM. It looked cool, and they were all cute, but I kept bonking into them. 
Master bedroom where I slept. (And Lance, for 2 nights.) It had a memory foam mattress, which was great!
The other upstairs bedroom. No one slept here - I used the bed for laundry piles!
The basement. It was a laid out a little differently when we were there. And there was a huge, blue Love Sac in front of the couch, which the kids LURVED.
More of the basement.
The "bunk room" where Josh, Cole, and Tess slept. Tess was in heaven because she got to sleep on a top bunk. The Western theme was cute.
The basement room where Spencer slept. He felt pretty grown up!
The back yard. It was nice having the play set!
The upstairs bathroom. It was pretty tiny, and zero counter space. The house is pretty old, so it didn't have a master suite.
Fortunately, the kids mostly used the basement bathroom.
Why would I add a picture of the washer and dryer? Because I used them constantly! You can only pack so many changes of clothing for 4 kids and one mom into a mini van...

No comments: