These brownies are worth the freak out.
I meant to take a picture of one on a plate, but forgot during the ward activity. And when I came home from an RS activity this afternoon the few remaining brownies were gone. Sadness for all.
I'm pretty sure I've posted this recipe on this blog before, but I'm far too lazy to go looking for it. So here it is again.
Please note: These brownies are good for both catchin' and retainin' men. To make them more potent bake them during a full moon. Just kidding - the brownies don't need any celestial help. (I've just got full moons on the brain because Cole is now into those. September 27th is the next full moon, in case you were wondering. In case you were also wondering, yes, Cole yelled and got mad at me because that wasn't soon enough for his liking. That boy...)
Without further ado...
Man Catchin’ Brownies
Recipe given to me by roommate Heather Wold, 1996
48 caramels
8 TBL whipping cream
1 ½ C flour
1 ½ C oats
1/3 tsp salt
2/3 tsp soda
1 ½ C brown sugar
1 1/8 C butter, melted
2 C milk chocolate chips
1. Mix the flour, oats, salt, soda, brown sugar, and butter together. Put half of the mixture into a 9x13 pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
3. Let cool completely.
4. Melt caramel and whipping cream. Pour on top of cooled oat mixture.
5. Let cool completely.
6. Put chocolate chips on top of the cooled caramel.
7. Drop the rest of the oat mixture on top of the chocolate chips.
8. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment