But I sure am proud of this Boy Scout for earning his Tenderfoot last night! (He actually earned it a while ago but there was no court of honor during the summer.)
Being a Boy Scout Mom N00b (I'm always a n00b where Spencer is concerned. Poor oldest
So I was trying to get some pictures of Spence when they called me up, too. Why am I always so awkward? Oh well, it was at church and among friends who are very used to my awkwardness.
After the court of honor we all enjoyed some of the desserts that we had all brought. Well, some of us did. Several of the older scouts decided to ignore the "Courteous" part of the Scout Law took far more than their fair share. I saw one kid from our ward with literally 12 of the cookies I had brought. (And I brought 4 dozen, thinking we'd have left overs.) We had words and he eventually conceded it allowing a few of the other scouts to have some since they didn't have any, but I suspect he was not exactly happy with me about this prospect. Teenage boys are weird.
Well, hopefully my teenage boys won't be that weird. (Or at least will have better manners.)


No comments:
Post a Comment