Okay, so the picture doesn't really match the title. But I didn't really want to take any 'action' shots of our potty training endeavors. Besides, I like this picture and have been meaning to post it for a while. I got these rock out of my great aunt Laverna's rock garden in Kanab, UT. Yes, some of family roots are in Kanab; if you're the same we're probably related.
So the potty training. I feel like I spend all my time in the bathroom. But that's because I do. The first day was rough. WAY rough. No success and a boat load of laundry. But yesterday started a lot better. Lance was able to get Spencer to go in the potty lots of times. SUCCESS! In fact, the first accident we had that day was in part because I set the timer literally one minute to long and in part because Spencer was having way too much fun working outside with his dad. But then that night, at a 4th of July BBQ we went to (to which I forgot my camera - doh!) he had four accidents in a row. I ran out of clean pants, so we had to go home and get more before going to the Yarrington's to see the fireworks. It was really discouraging. (Spencer's accidents, not the Yarringtons or the fireworks. :) Oh well. I knew he'd probably have an accident, but not that many! *sigh*
So far, he hasn't had an accident today. But he hasn't had any success, either. How? We left his potty at the Yarrington' house last night. Horrors! Luckily (I think) Spencer had stayed up late the night before, so he slept basically all morning. His nap diaper was dry, and then I think he probably peed in the shower later on in the day. We tried going on the big potty, but no luck. We picked up his potty around 3:30. No luck. I have been giving him a ton of juice since then, and still no luck. We've been sitting on the potty every 10 minutes since we got home, so it's got to happen some time, right? Oh well, at least I know he knows how to hold it, right?
Now the big question is, do I take him to picnic group tomorrow? (There are potties at the park we're going to.) I don't know if I'm brave enough...
4 comments:
I hate that all your time is in the toilet -- uugghh.
There are pics of the bbq at Josh and Liz's on our blog. Hope you enjoy! ashley
Ohhhhhh potty training. You are brave to do it before he's 3!! I tried with Matthew when he was 2.5 only to have miserable failure (but remember there are other issues with Matthew). He is FINALLY getting the hang of it now (he's 4) He had an accident today, but it's the first one in awhile. My advice it buy a gumball machine full of his favorite candy and give him pennies for successes. Hmmmm...make sure you get an evening out this week by yourself. You are brave to leave the house this week!!! Good luck Momma!!!
Actually, Spencer is already three. Three and STUBBORN!!! :)
Ahhh...he totally is three huh? I forgot...sorry! Ooooo...good luck with the potty!!
Post a Comment