If I were one of the friends on Friends, I'd be Monica. Why? Her love affair with cleaning products. (Side note: I don't love cleaning like Monica does. But trying new cleaning products? Yowza!!) I LURVE trying new cleaning products, especially if they work well. Or trying new methods for cleaning - that's a pretty good time, too. Yeah, I'm cool like that. My cleaning bible is How The Queen Cleans Everything. If you don't have a copy, get one. It has saved my life (or maybe just stained clothing/upholstery/whatever) more times that I can count.
I'm not sure what I was thinking, but we had fresh cherries with dinner tonight. No surprise, Spencer got cherry juice all over his shirt. And of course it was one of his favorite shirts. Cherry stains are notorious, right? It was one of those stains that just looks permanent. I checked the Queen, and tried a few of her tricks, but the stain only faded a little. (I promise, 9 times out of 10 the Queen works!) I bought a box of 20 Mule Team Borax a couple of weeks ago at Wal-Mart but hadn't really had a chance to put it to the test. (I'd used it as a laundry booster and it did make my whites whiter and cleaned Spencer's underpants pretty well, but that wasn't too exciting for me.) Figuring I had nothing to lose, I soaked the shirt for 30 minutes in a sink of cold water and half a cup of borax.
I'm kicking myself for not taking before and after pictures. The stains are totally gone! And so are a few older stains that I had never been able to get out. Shout out to Borax!! I almost wish I had another stain to work on. Oh wait - I have two boys. The wait won't be too long.
On a totally different and unrelated note, Josh figured out how to correctly hold corn on the cob tonight. For some reason I found it completely adorable and had to take a few shots.

Song currently in my head: Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? by Culture Club
p.s. If you create an account with Project Playlist, you can click the link and hear the song in my head. (And then have it in your head, too!)
3 comments:
Does your handy book say how to get permanent marker off a wood floor? Not for me, but for my friend.
And yes I really want to hurt you now...thanks for the song!
We got red sharpie marker off our hardwood floors by using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser... it didn't change the finish either. I swear by them, especially with a 2 yo!
Love Josh eating corn - I think he does better than Jase!
Kerry - The book didn't have anything for that. But I looked online and found this site: http://www.creativehomemaking.com/cleaning/removing-sharpie-kitchen-floor.shtml
Post a Comment