Friday, October 12, 2007

Hello. My Name Is: The Poopsmith

Have you ever seen Homestar Runner? (Funny site if you have the same sense of humor I do - lots of funny cartoons and stuff. Check it out when you have some time.)

Anywho, on Homestar they have a character called the Poopsmith. Yeah, he is what it sounds like. And today I got to be the Poopsmith. Yes, another glamorous day of motherhood.

Scene: two little boys in the tub. I go in to get them out. Not really paying attention, I reach to pull out the plug. Millimeters before my hand goes in the water I see it... a piece of poop floating by! Urrrghhghh!

"Who pooped in the tub?!??!"

"Joshie."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Silence.

So I scoop them both up, throw them into my shower, scrub them down with antibacterial soap, rinse them off, and get them dressed.

I won't go into the gory details of the clean up. Let's just say I spent the better part of 30 minutes spraying anti-bacterial cleanser and wondering what in the world I had done to deserve such a scatological treat!

Silver lining: I had been wanting to get rid of most of the bath toys. (They were getting old and gross and Josh spent most of the time throwing them out of the tub.) Perfect excuse.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i love homestar runner...i always show the strong bad email entitled "english paper" to my tech writing classes a couple of days before the enormous research paper is due. it's a good de-stresser.