Then my cookbook started falling apart. Not just any cookbook - my cookbook. The one I put all of my favorite and tested recipes into. I either write them in by hand or clip them out of magazines (pictures are a plus!). My mom used to do this, and I love having hers. It's like a cooking journal. So I do it, too. Plus, I have one place where all of my best and most favorite recipes are.
By the way, I also have a holiday cookbook. But it's doing fine. For now.
Then I dropped the glass lid to my family size skillet. CRAAAAASSSHHH! Glass shattered everywhere. Luckily I was actually wearing shoes that morning. Even luckier, Josh was in his highchair and Spencer was in the other room. (And wonder of wonders, he stayed put when I asked him to.)
Finally, a week later I dropped the glass lid to my big pot and regular frying pan. KABLOOOOEY! Shattered glass yet again. And again Josh was in his highchair and Spencer in the other room.
So now I have no lids larger than eight inches wide. Less than desirable.
I have taken this all as a sign from the kitchen gods that I need a new set of cookware. Okay, false kitchen deity! I will appease you and buy new cookware! Stop destroying my stuff piece by piece!
I'm not complaining too much, since the stuff I had before was nice, but not great. It lasted the first seven years of my marriage. Now I need to get something that will last at least the next 20 years. I just need to find the time to test out the new cookware I want and find a good deal on it.
I'm heading out to UT next week, so I won't really have time to shop until November. And if I'm waiting that long, I might as well wait for the holiday sales. So I won't be getting anything until the end of November, at the earliest. There's going to be a lot of lidless cooking in our home for the next month. Mmmm... lidless cooking...
Oh, and I just thought of another kitchen implement that is falling apart: my camera! It's been acting like a moody teenager the last few months, is getting worse, and I can hardly stand it anymore! (It lies and says pictures are in focus when they're not. It's stubborn and sometimes won't let me use the flash even when I tell it to. It's lens is dirty and refuses to be cleaned. It didn't used to be like that - I certainly raised it to behave better!) Sure, I don't really need it to cook. But I really do like taking pictures of some of my better masterpieces, in case you haven't noticed.
It's going to be an expensive holiday shopping season. Hey, just doin' my part to help the economy, right?
1 comment:
Someone's been having too much fun with Photoshop!!!!! Ahhhh, the things we do to fulfill our creative need...especially since advertising seems to be off for the moment!!! I LOVED your darling Halloween party. I've been toying with the idea of doing one for Matthew, but the thought of doing it along just sounds awful! I'm so impressed you just do it! And uh...so are there copies of Maren's Yummy Cookbook and Maren's Holiday Cookbook available. I've been so impressed with all your fancy cooking. I need some ideas and new recipes. Soooo...what do you say??!!!! (hehehe...like you don't already have enough to do!) Well, just going to post one little photo on my blog. I've been ignoring the blogging lately. Just don't have the time since school started. So sad!!!
Post a Comment