Last night was our third annual donut party. It was so much fun! The donuts were extra tasty, the weather was perfect (so we could spend some time outside), and the house was filled to capacity with good friends. Who could ask for more? (Well, maybe some better pictures, but I was more about living in the moment rather than worrying about blog fodder. Perhaps next year I'll pass the camera around and see what happens!)Here are the eight pumpkins that came out of our garden. I spray painted a few gold and silver. Awesome, huh? (I luuurve pumpkins!)
Here's the boys waiting for our guests to arrive. Spencer... I mean, Spiderman... was super-excited all week for the party. He could hardly contain himself! Hopefully we'll get a few better pictures this month of the bee.
We had party favors for the kiddos this year. Fun pinwheels and finger puppets! (I loved the way my 'Halloween bouquet' looked!)
Dig that foxy lady in the apron!
A few random shots from the party. At one point we had at least six babies in the 'baby pit' in the middle of the living room!
People finishing up their answers for the scary movie/tv show game.
Tyler going to town during the candy bar game.
Josh and Michelle. Josh had a great time! He got lots of attention and probably quite a few bites of donut. He also must have babbled all evening, because he lost his voice today! It's pretty funny to hear him babbling away with a hoarse voice.
Lance was awesome and helped cook the donuts so that I could be inside and visit.
Lance was awesome and helped cook the donuts so that I could be inside and visit.
Here's our annual Madsen Halloween photo. Oh, the magic of Photoshop! It had a place of honor above our piano. When I showed it to Spencer for the first time he said "Look! Joshie is a cow!" Kids crack me up.

3 comments:
Maren,
Are you going to post your donut recipe?
We had tons of fun and Jase has been exhausted all day today (We had to wake him up this morning for church and he fell asleep leaning on his chair while eating a poptart for church, laid down on the pew for all of Sacrament meeting, and laid down/slept through nursery in the nursery room. Then he slept about 3 hours for a nap - thanks for letting have the best Sacrament meeting since he was about 5 months old!).
We look forward to next years :)
Sorry, Laura. I usually share all my recipes. But I think this one will have to be a family secret. (Besides, no one will want to come to the party if they all know how to make the donuts!)
Post a Comment