All morning I kept praying that Josh would take an early nap. No such luck.
So then for the rest of the morning I prayed that he would sleep in the car on the way to Indie. (He very rarely sleeps in the car.) My prayers were answered!
But... how was I to know that what I really should have been praying for was a happy, cheerful Spencer? (Especially because he's usually so happy at the museum!)
That boy was on one today - so ornery! I mean, tears, tantrums, fighting - all within the first hour. It's like he had reverted back a year and could not share, pay attention to his surroundings, or listen to a single thing I said. (Until I threatened to take him home, that is!)
Oh well. We all survived, had some fun, and I even managed to take a few pics for the grandparents. (Spencer's eyes were red in many of the pictures. Coincidence? I think not.)
The main attraction was the new Curious George exhibit. Spencer and Josh both lurrve Curious George. (And he's one of the only PBS cartoons that I can stand.)
Well, I don't know... you look like the monkey on my map. But how do I know you're the real George?
Why am I sitting next to this fake monkey? Where's the real George?!?
Spencer goes down the Curious George rocket slide. I think mankind would be happier if we could all go down a rocket slide every day. Or at least Spencer would.
Josh goes down the Curious George... stairs. Head first, no less.
Spencer playing Curious George Golf. Because when I think curious monkies, I think golf.
Mmmmm... plastic broccoli!
Everyone loves the fake potty! (The lid wouldn't come up, which drove Josh nuts. But he loved that he could flush it and lights would flash.)
Josh wasn't too interested in the wrecking balls this time. (The world is a safer place... for now.)
Riding the giraffes on the carousel.
Josh had a kung-fu death grip on his safety straps, which, unfortunately, didn't stop him from tipping off the sides when I wasn't holding him tight enough. (He refused to hold onto the pole.)
No pictures, please! I'm busy in the sand table!
No comments:
Post a Comment