I had to get a few groceries this morning. While I was putting them into the trunk, Spencer crawled into the front seat and played with the steering wheel. When I was done I opened the door and had this little exchange with Spencer.
Me: Okay Speedracer, get back in your seat. It's time to go.
Spencer (most sincerely and with true surprise): But I thought I was going to drive!
Me: Ha! Right.
Spencer's face gets truly sad and his bottom lip starts to pout out.
Me: Spencer, you're not big enough to drive.
Spencer: But I'm a big boy! You said!
Me (starting to get impatient because it is raining and I am getting wet): You are a big boy! Just not big enough. You have to be 16 and you're only 4. Twelve more years.
Spencer: Awwwwww... But I'll be careful and won't bonk any signs!
Me: Ha ha, very funny.
Spencer: What?
Me: Spencer, get in your seat. If I let you drive, the police man will come and put me in jail.
Spencer looks at me as if my jail time wouldn't be a very big deal.
Me: And then you wouldn't get to play computer when you get home.
Spencer (finally moving to his seat): Okaaaaaayyy.
Josh: Lunch!
***
Side note: I got my Camry back last night, and it's as good as new! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment