Yesterday the men in my life were out the door and on road by 5:30. I had the house to myself.
It was time to party.
You know that famous scene in Risky Business where Tom Cruise slides out in his undies, button-down shirt and socks, lip synching to Old Time Rock and Roll?
I was totally like that at my house.
Now just try to get that image out of your brain. (Ha!)
Okay, just kidding. It was nothing like that. I wasn't wearing socks.
Again, I kid!
But I did have fun. I ran some errands, bought a sandwich for dinner (have I ever mentioned how much I LURRVE sandwiches?), came home to eat, and then it was carpet cleaning time! Woo-hoo!
It was a little gross to see how much dirt I pulled out of the carpet. (I thought about taking a picture, but didn't want to get out of my cleaning 'groove'.) It was very satisfying to finish all the carpets, make a few phone calls, and then watch Grey's Anatomy. (Woo-hoo for McDreamy! And George! But not for Chang. She bugs me.)
Anywho, after that it was around 11pm. And I did something wild and crazy - I decided to watch a movie! I know, I know - it was Maren Gone Wild. So I didn't get to bed until 1am.
But no matter, since it rained all night, making it impossible to plant my garden today. So I went wild and crazy again. I got up at 8am, ate some breakfast, read a book for a while, and then went back to bed until 10:30am.
It was awesome.
Best father/son campout ever.
Too bad Lance can't say the same. Apparently Josh was not too keen on staying in his sleeping bag. He kept getting up and wandering the tent until he passed out, exhausted, around 1am. Then he woke up around 3am crying for me. Then Spencer woke up at 5am because he was cold.
Poor, tired Lance.
I love you, Lance. Thank you for the short but needed break. Don't worry, I'm sure the father/son campout is a bit like childbirth - after a certain amount of time you forget the pain and are willing to go through it again for someone you love. (Read: you will be going next year, too.)

No comments:
Post a Comment