I'm pooped.Here's a picture just to prove it.
We did our patriotic duty on Memorial Day by shopping. A lot.
Lance was in charge of buying a new grill because our old one went to the big patio in the sky. (I imagine it frolicking in green pastures with all of its grill friends, as flocks of grilling spatulas and tongs flutter by and the sound and smell of steaks sizzling softly waft by in the breeze. Ahhh...) He bought a pretty stainless steel one, but I'm too tired to take a picture of it. Plus is just started raining. Plus I'm lazy.
I took the boys and trekked down to the Edinburgh outlets with Gigi and her kiddos. (What, you thought we'd spend Memorial Day as a family? Weird.)
It was excellent.
Here's the short-list of the carnage:
Carter's: new t-shirts, hoodies, and jammies for the boys. (Spencer went with the puppy because, in his words, "This doggie won't make me itch!" Josh went with the dinosaur because he is the world's best dinosaur growler.)
Lance was in charge of buying a new grill because our old one went to the big patio in the sky. (I imagine it frolicking in green pastures with all of its grill friends, as flocks of grilling spatulas and tongs flutter by and the sound and smell of steaks sizzling softly waft by in the breeze. Ahhh...) He bought a pretty stainless steel one, but I'm too tired to take a picture of it. Plus is just started raining. Plus I'm lazy.
I took the boys and trekked down to the Edinburgh outlets with Gigi and her kiddos. (What, you thought we'd spend Memorial Day as a family? Weird.)
It was excellent.
Here's the short-list of the carnage:
Carter's: new t-shirts, hoodies, and jammies for the boys. (Spencer went with the puppy because, in his words, "This doggie won't make me itch!" Josh went with the dinosaur because he is the world's best dinosaur growler.)
Stride Rite: sandals for the boys. The Stride Rite store is one of the main reasons I'm willing to make the 90 minute drive. Both boys have flat feet and so they have to have really supportive shoes. Stride Rite makes really good ones for that, but they're super-expensive normally. The discounts are totally worth the drive! (Plus, the shoes really do last forever, even with very active little boys!)Eddie Bauer: I fell in love with two bags that were both 50% off their sale price. How could I not buy both? (Lance doesn't understand why bags are so necessary. But that's because he's a boy.) ((I mean, he's a MAN. Sorry hon - you're all the man I could ever want and more!)) Aren't they cute? I'm gonna use the blue one at church, even though it's not big enough for the big 'ol binder I have to haul around now. And the stripey one is reversible, which I think makes it at least 128% cuter!
Eddie Bauer: Oh, I also got two pair crop pants and two shirts - you know, typical summer mom-wear.Dress Barn: I couldn't help it. I found a really cute black dress that I had to have. Gigi was quick to observe that it's a little dressy for Primary, but you know what? I don't care. I'm totally wearing it. Maybe the kids will think I'm glamorous! (Ha!)
Now which is more telling of my personality - the self-portrait or how I spent my Memorial Day? I thought so.
1 comment:
Don't you just love that great feeling after a sucessful day of shopping...even though it can be tiring. Love the bags, those are great. I wonder if shopping is like exercising, because it almost seems like we need to be conditioned in order to keep up all day.
Post a Comment