I am not afraid of spices. I luurrrve them.
In fact, I lurve them so much that my kitchen is somewhat overwhelmed with them. I used to have so many little spice bottles that it would take me forever to rummage through my cupboard to find the one I needed, invariably knocking one or two onto my head in the process. (A simple spice rack wouldn't be able to contain my spice collection!) ((Plus, my mom's kitchen was just the same way, so I thought it was normal. Turns out, it's not. So I'm not. On sooo many levels.)) (((I'm okay with that.)))
But no worries. Way back in 2002 Real Simple changed my life with this article. They suggested using watchmaker's cases to store my spices.



Now I just flip open a case and pull out the spice I need. And not only is it convenient, but they're just so pretty! I love all the colors and smell of all the spices mingling.

It makes me happy every time I use them, which is almost every day.
Love it. LOVE IT.
(This is an order, not a statement.)
In fact, I lurve them so much that my kitchen is somewhat overwhelmed with them. I used to have so many little spice bottles that it would take me forever to rummage through my cupboard to find the one I needed, invariably knocking one or two onto my head in the process. (A simple spice rack wouldn't be able to contain my spice collection!) ((Plus, my mom's kitchen was just the same way, so I thought it was normal. Turns out, it's not. So I'm not. On sooo many levels.)) (((I'm okay with that.)))
But no worries. Way back in 2002 Real Simple changed my life with this article. They suggested using watchmaker's cases to store my spices.
Genius!
GENIUS.
Now I just flip open a case and pull out the spice I need. And not only is it convenient, but they're just so pretty! I love all the colors and smell of all the spices mingling.
It makes me happy every time I use them, which is almost every day.
Love it. LOVE IT.
(This is an order, not a statement.)
5 comments:
How many Tablespoons are in one of those little containers? I can't imagin they hold very much. What do you do with the spices that you need lots of for a recipe? That's a really great idea though...waht a space saver!
This is an EXCELLENT idea! where do you get these? I want some of my own!
Kerry - each case holds close to 4 TBLs (that's C). So that's plenty for most recipes! True, some spices I have to refill more often, but it's not that big of a deal.
Tiffany - you can by these through the link I put on 'watchmaker's cases' in the post.
These are pretty. I may follow in your footsteps on this one.
The only thing that could make it better would be a label maker. You could put pretty little labels on all of the pretty little cans. How pretty.
I love these! Maybe after I paint my cabinets, I will get these!
Post a Comment