Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cake of the Month - My Thought Process While Making Better Than ? Cake

It's my 8th anniversary. I love Lance. And lance loves cake. Therefore, I must make a cake.

Doh. I forgot to make a cake for July. Oops. But the world did not end, so no worries. This time...

Okay, let's go through the ol' Cake Mix Doctor. Let's see, what can I make...? Hmm... not that... gross... don't have the right ingredients for that one... or that one... or that one... Dang it!!! Why is my life so freakin' hard?!?

Wait - this sounds promising: Better Than ? Cake. Question mark? Question mark? Oh wait, I bet they mean... S-E-X. Hee-hee. Well, it is my anniversary. How appropriate. Plus, there's a lot of chocolate in it. Devils food cake mix, chocolate chips, chocolate pudding... sold.

It's go time.

*I make the cake. We won't go into the gory details.*

**Actually, it wasn't that bad. It was actually pretty easy.**


Hey! That cake was easy! Look - it even looks like a normal cake! I am the chaaampion, my frieeennddd... and I'llll keep on bakiiiinnnn' to the ennndddd....!


*I let the cake cool. I also save it from utter destruction when Josh climbs up to it on the counter and tries to grab it while shrieking "CAAAKKKKEEEE" like the wild banshee that he is. Pesky banshee.*

Okay, time for the frosting. Penuche... penuche? What the heck is a penuche? A cooked frosting? Oiiiii... okay, I can do this. A whole stick of butter?! Well, at least I know it'll taste good...

*I make the frosting.*

Okay, the recipe says to frost the cake right away and not to let the frosting cool. It's almost done mixing.

Let's do this thang.

Okay... this is a little weird. It's like flaking up right on the cake. Dang it - how can it be cooling already?! Dang it! Why won't it stay on the side of the cake?!? Why is life sooo hard?!? Auughhh!!! I hate cakes!!!!!


Oh well. At least it looks okay from the top.


Let's taste it. Mmmmm... that is better than... question mark.

1 comment:

The Tate Fam said...

You are so funny. I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for making me smile. BTW, your cake looks really good!