
One thing I have never been accused of is being overly-sentimental. Especially about things. I've learned that too much sentimentality over things = clutter. And I HATE clutter.
So when it came to Spencer's preschool art I was kind of torn about what to do. On the on hand, it was really cute and looking at it made me feel all motherly and happy that he was in preschool. So I put it up on the walls all around his desk in the office, which made him really happy and feel proud.
Win-win.
Except that preschool starts again next week, so I had to take down all the art to make room for the next crop. What to do, what to do? I wanted to be able to keep a record of the art for Spencer (and for me!), but I didn't really want to have to find a place to store that mountain of construction paper.
Thank heaven for digital cameras! I decided to take a picture of each piece so that Spencer can look at them whenever he wants. He loves it, I love that I could guiltily throw them away, and I even made this really cool collage out of them that I'm thinking of blowing up and having printed because it's pretty cool looking. (Maybe I could do it each year, frame them, and hang them up in his room? How cool would that be?!)
And, okay, I decided to keep a few. I'm not completely heartless.
3 comments:
Cute artwork! I'm doing the same thing with all of Zach's pictures he draws. I'll take pictures of them all and put them on the digital picture frame so he can always see them. The digital age is great.
This is funny: When I was reading this post, about making room for another crop, I said in my head, "making room for more crap". Oooopssseeess!
I love the picture idea too. I think it kind of looks like a quilt.
Great idea - since we getting tons of stuff that Jase does at preschool now too...
Post a Comment