I've never really been one for New Year's resolutions. If you want to do something, why wait for the new year? Start now. Waiting won't make it any easier.
But I've been reading a lot of blog posts about resolutions lately, and it got me thinking. But not about the things I want to do this year - about the things I don't want to do.
So here it is: my list of things I will not do in 2009:
But I've been reading a lot of blog posts about resolutions lately, and it got me thinking. But not about the things I want to do this year - about the things I don't want to do.
So here it is: my list of things I will not do in 2009:
- Make a cake each month.
- Freak out when the ultrasound shows that I'm having another boy. (Malcom in the Middle's mom? That'll totally be me.)
- Not give birth to my third child.
- Be grouchy about having to recover from a c-section I don't really want. There's nothing I can do about it so pouting won't help.
- Go to Italy. (Unfortunately.)
- Become complacent in my calling.
- Freak out disproportionately to the crimes of my children. (Drawing on the walls with permanent marker? Not a big freak-out. Writing on the walls, furniture, TV, and bed spreads with permanent marker? Big freak-out.)
- Leave permanent markers out where children can reach them.
- Be afraid to say no more often.
- Be afraid to say yes more often.
- Planting a garden. *sigh* (Pesky June baby!)
- Eat out as often as we have been. It's expensive and not very healthy.
- Succumb to all of my cravings. (Just some.)
- Mow the lawn. It's Lance's turn.
- Feel bad if I actually buy a baby sling instead of make one. I don't really want to make one.
- Ignore the terrible paint job in my bedroom. Time for it to be redone and redone right!
- Ignore the terrible mustard velor newlywed chair that has somehow made it into my room. Time to find a new home, my ugly friend!
- Blame my kids for me not getting the things done that I want to. With enough proper planning and effort I can probably get everything that I want to do accomplished.
- Stop distinguishing between wants and needs. Not that every want is bad; just not always entirely necessary or prudent.
- Not go to UT. I just hope I can get there before the baby comes. (Flying by myself with three kids? Not gonna happen.)
- Make my bed every day. Because I don't now.
- Be grouchy when Lance has to spend a lot of time with his church calling or at work.
- Read late at night. Often.
- Blog every day. Because sometimes there's just nothing worth saying!
2 comments:
That is a great list Maren! The only resolution I made this year was to get to bed before 2:00 or 3:00am on a regular basis. I'm tired of being tired.
I'm not going to wait until April to do our taxes; I need to return to the good ole days of e-filing during February. Plus, I want our money! :-)
Post a Comment