Thursday, March 18, 2010

Child Abuse

I stabbed Cole this morning.  Oops.

It's not as bad as it sounds.  I was trying to get him dressed, 'trying' be the key word here.  That kid is WIGGLY.  His signature move is the Death Roll of Freedom*, which makes it pretty much impossible to hold on to him unless you have four arms, which, unfortunately, I don't.

Anywho, I was sitting cross-legged on the floor with Cole in my lap, trying to get his pants on.  All of a sudden he breaks out the Death Roll.  I was tugging on the pants, my hands slipped, and I bonked him in the forehead.  One of my fingernails hit him juuuust right and made a pretty good dent.  Blood and everything.  Nice.

Cole didn't even flinch.  He just kept wiggling to get out of my grasp and, apparently, get as much blood on the carpet as possible.  I had to distract him with camera just to get the band aid on.  (The child has known for a while that when the camera is out you stop, pose, and smile.)

Josh was very impressed with my work.  He even chose the band aid for Cole.

Sorry, buddy.  Getting you dressed is getting dangerous.  Good thing summer is coming!


*A term happily stolen from an episode of The Crocodile Hunter.

No comments: