Today Lance and I deep cleaned our bedroom and closet. I don't have any before and after pictures because it's not like our room was a disaster to begin with, and it's hard to take pictures of dust bunnies under the bed or dirty baseboards.
We washed the walls, doors, baseboards, windows, window sills, furniture and anything else that was dirty. We polished furniture, organized the closet and drawers, steam cleaned the carpet, and set aside a lot of stuff for Goodwill. It was great.
But the best part? Lance finally fixed our bed. See, when we first moved in nearly four years ago our good friends Graham and Ashley helped us move in on our first day in the house. While Ashley and I unpacked and organized the kitchen (which we did a great job of, I might add), Graham and Lance worked on putting our bed together. And in true manly men fashion, they did not bother to read the instructions.
Four nearly four years we have had to deal with a bed that wobbled and dipped and, although not really broken, was just not right. Why did we wait so long to fix it? I have no idea. Probably because the only time we thought about it was when we went to bed. But it's fixed now! Hooray for Spring cleaning!
1 comment:
Graham says all he did was say, "Lance, what do I do?" and then he did what Lance said. Interesting. Just last month when I finally moved all of the storage boxes out from under our bed and went to lower the mattress, we realized that the bed had been put together incorrectly. One of the bed rails had been put in a lower rung than the other three. We've been sleeping on it that way for over a year. I didn't help put the bed together when we moved in. Interesting coincidence?
Post a Comment