I actually sat down to blog a bit about my seedlings and then randomly remembered it's Tuesday. So there's my portrait. A pillar of decorum, that's what I am.
Anywho, this is the first year I've started some of my garden veggies from seed. I'm surprised at how easy it's been so far!
I put them in the office, and apart from a few pokes from curious, chubby fingers, the seedlings have done quite well.
I have three types of peppers, two types of heirloom tomatoes, and some rosemary that I wasn't sure would grow since the seeds were kinda old. The rest of the stuff for my garden I'll just buy as starters in a few weeks. I thinned them out today; the ones in the cups are a few that I thought I'd try to save for friends. Because nothing says friendship like free garden starters. (Hint hint to anyone out there who'd like to trade. ;)
I also have some things in my herb window I'm trying to grow. I thought I'd try some parsley and sage. So far... nothin'. Which is weird because I always have success in this window. Maybe these seeds are just taking an extra long time to get to work.
I can't wait to get out in the dirt. One of the things I love most about Indiana is that just about anything grows here and grows well. Seriously - the dirt is so rich and dark and forgiving.
Anyone else starting on their gardens?

3 comments:
I've given up on Texas container gardening. I'm jealous of your herb window. After months of careful tending to my herbs, I got 2 tiny leaves of basil. I'll try again once we live in a more forgiving climate.
you are seriously such a talented gardener! I started some seedlings about a month ago and I have 2, yes 2, left! I suck at this!
I'm proud of you for starting your stuff the long way. I love to do it this way. (Only it was today that it occured to me that I should start now-or weeks ago-for this years garden. sigh.
I do have a herb window...I think I got the idea from you. I'm growing some basil, parsely and cilantro, but I'll probably transplant them outdoors soon.
Post a Comment