Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring Dreams

First, let me just say HALLELUJAH!  Thank goodness February is finally over.  I still hate February, in case you're wondering.

Second, Cole seems to like the amoxacillin he's on.  Wait - like isn't the right word.  He now hates medicine of all kind (even when strawberry flavored) and pinches his little lips tight when I try to get it in him.  However, it does seem to be working for him.  I just have to be careful around it since I'm allergic to it, which is easier said than done since I basically have to force it down him.  Good times.

Third, poor Spencer has his heart set on Spring starting exactly on March 20th this year.  Apparently they've been discussing this in school.  I've tried to explain to him that nature doesn't really follow our calendar and that it will probably feel like winter for a bit longer.  

He doesn't believe me.  In his heart of hearts, he knows that Spring will burst forth in all it's glory on that day.  The grass will be green, the flowers will start blooming, birds will chirp, butterflies will flutter, and warm breezes will gently float by.
Wait - that's my vision of Spring.  I think he just wants to go on the swing set without the risk of hypothermia.

Whatever.  Looking out at the dreary bleakness that is Indiana in February, who can blame him?  March 20th can't come quickly enough.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Ohhhh, thanks for the spring eye candy! I loved those pictures. March is usually our snowiest month, but I just can't bring myself to believe it.

Maren said...

Mindi, it's so funny that you commented about this, because I was totally thinking about you when I was looking for the pictures! I don't know why. But the last one (the painting) especially reminded me of you. We must be kindred Spring spirits. :)

Melissa said...

I noticed yesterday that our daffodils are starting to come up. That lifted my spirits. :)