In my groggy state I didn't get too many pictures, either. Just know that a grand time was had by all.
This year I scaled back on the number of gifts the boys got, and you know what? They didn't even notice and were perfectly happy. There was no gift overload, which we've experienced in years past. It was nice.
| Spencer played Santa's Helper and passed out the gifts. |
| Santa brought Josh a McDonald's play kit. The child was thrilled and actually said "This is exactly what I wanted!" even though he had never mentioned it in his life. |
| I just hope we're not getting him prepared for a lifelong career. :) |
Here are Josh and Spencer first thing - they were so excited about what Santa had brought them!
Cole got a sweet racecar spinny race track thing from Santa. He loved it - but so did Josh and Spencer. I had to keep telling them to let Cole play with his own gift!
Cole loves dogs - LUVS dogs. If we pass one on the street we absolutely must stop to pet it. He loves getting doggy kisses and petting them. Too bad Spencer is allergic. (Okay, not really... I really don't think I could handle taking care of a dog right now. But the point is moot, so whatever.) Anywho, he loves doggies, so Lance and I gave him a little stuffed dog that barks.
He LUVS it. The doggy never fails to bring a smile to his face. It's his new nap and bedtime snuggly companion. Don't you just love it when you can give your child the perfect gift?
| Don't you love the sippy cup in his mouth? |
The reaction in this video? Completely spontaneous. It's moments like this that totally make all the shopping and saving and wrapping and organizing and getting up before dawn worth it.
One last thing - Santa even left a little gift for our new baby. You can never have too many bibs, right?
P.S. Despite his sincere Christmas wishes (again and again and again...), Spencer has yet to mention not getting a Nintendo DS even once. Sweet.
A very merry Christmas!
1 comment:
We got Leah that McDonald's cash register last year. She really enjoys it. Loren even put in some monopoly money.
Post a Comment